Saturday, January 9, 2016

Christmas & New Years Re-Cap

Merry (Belated) Christmas!  


Well, here I am 8 days later and putting in another blog post.  That's a good start, right?  Better than 3 months or however long it was between the last post and the one before that.  I haven't done any running since my previous post, either (one of my plans for "reflection") but I have worked out, so that's good.  Operation: Reverse-My-Five-Pound-Holiday-Weight-Gain.  At least it was only 5 pounds this year. 

The holidays were great- we spent Thanksgiving with Myke's family (his parents, sister, her husband and 3 kids) and then Christmas with my family (my parents, brother, two aunts, an uncle and two cousins and our friend, Heather).  We stayed here in Encinitas for both.  We have not yet braved flying anywhere with all 4 kids, but thinking we'll go somewhere this year.  Where that place will be is yet to be determined!  Ideas are Wisconsin for a family reunion in July, Richmond in October (when kids have a 2 weeks Fall Break), and now we've been invited to Denver for Christmas 2016.  So we'll see where we end up!  

As usual, my time here is limited and I've been called to do something so I have to go.  I'll throw a few pics up (need to find the ones from Thanksgiving, but here are a few from Christmas and just after):   
Christmas Eve- Secret Santa gift exchange



Ugly Sweater group shot :)
(not everyone is in an "ugly" sweater...or are they?)



Two days after Christmas my parents celebrated their 46th wedding anniversary. We went out for brunch and then for a nice coastal drive here in North County.  
Brunch at Solace

46 Years!


On Monday (before New Year's) I saw that there was a snow forecast in the local mountains so we ended up jumping in the car and heading to Lake Arrowhead so the kids "could see real snow coming out of the sky" (versus seeing snow at Legoland in their "snow play" area).  This may have been more for me...I'm a big kid about the snow and it's one of the things I miss most since living in San Diego (vs east coast).  The snow definitely was coming down and snowed the entire couple hours we were up there.  It was beautiful!  Luckily, it wasn't cold enough to stick too much and the roads stayed safe for us to drive back down the mountain that evening.

hot cocoa!

Yum!

Lake Arrowhead 

Brrr!  Bundled up!



New Year's Hike at Batiquitos Lagoon: 





No comments:

Post a Comment