Wednesday, January 14, 2015

The Holidays, Part 1: November




Just looked back to see what I posted last...and wow, it has been awhile, huh?  Well, it least it feels like it has since so much has been going on over the past couple months.  That's holiday season for ya, I guess!  We had a long stretch of visitors.  Two months and one day of visitors (with a few days in between the 1st and 2nd set...but whose counting, right?!).  ;)


 It was a GREAT holiday season...we were blessed to be able to see so much family.  Myke's grandmother, my parents, Myke's parents, my brother (came all the way from Santiago, Chile for my dad's 70th birthday and Thanksgiving with us in San Diego), my aunt Debbie and cousin Cam, Myke's sister and her family, and extended family, as well.  Not to mention getting together with friends throughout the season, as well.

(excuse the small font below...copy & pasted and don't feel like figuring out how to "fix" it right now):

Between early-November set of guests and our Thanksgiving guests (I think there was a 4 day gap in there) I ran my first half-marathon.  It was a big achievement for me as I've been following a training plan (via an iPhone app) since late Summer so I'd be prepared for it.  I really enjoy running; the relaxation and peace of mind that comes with it are so needed in my otherwise constantly-going world.  Running lets me have 30-60 minutes of time to JUST MYSELF (except on my long-run days during training..then I'd get 2+hours).  I'd usually set my alarm for 6am and head out the door then so I'd be back for the kids getting off to school.  So, yes, the half marathon was an achievement for me but I could NEVER have done it if I wasn't married to the most amazing and supportive hubby.  Myke always supported my goals and had no problem with me doing my longer runs on the weekend mornings and having to get the kids up and started in the mornings during the week on the days that I run.  He will tell you that he is the "morning person" with the kids, anyways.  That's his area :)  


Mile 3 Selfie


Site for sore eyes & legs during MILE 12


We're done!  Yay!




Thanksgiving consisted of a full house and 13 people sharing a table (and kiddie table) for the feast.  Quite a few of us made a dish or two but my Aunt Debbie ran the show and played Head Chef in the kitchen.  She made sure everything came out at the correct times and all was ready to go.  The meal was delicious.

The group w/o me

and with me

Post-feast baby bumps





More November Pics:

Aunt Debbie's birthday celebration


Chloë & Uncle Hale on the Oceanside Pier


Ella, Chloë, Aunt Debbie & Cousin Cam


Taking the train from Encinitas to downtown San Diego


Seaport Village fountain


Annual Surfin' Santa at Seaport Village
Ella didn't LOVE this...


Packers Game!


Chloë hiked Torrey Pines!
She did great!

Diner in Leucadia with my parents










No comments:

Post a Comment