Friday, February 7, 2014

Super Bowl Sunday (part II)



So my 10k was on Super Bowl Sunday (see previous post) and then afterwards we headed to Lego Land for some family time together with the kids.  Super Bowl Sunday was the PERFECT time to go!  Very few people there and NO lines for anything!  The kids had a blast.  Here are a few pics:

Eli on the train




Choo-choo


Why am I up posting at 6am?  Because Myke rolled over in bed and elbowed me in the head around 5am and I haven't been able to fall back asleep since.  I gave up trying once it was almost 6.  I have too little free time to waste it lying in bed trying to fall back asleep!  Also, now that Ella is SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT CONSISTENTLY !!!!!! I don't have the broken nights of sleep anymore.  It's wonderful and amazing :)  She was definitely the child who took the longest to sleep through the night (by which I mean the 10-12 hour stretch on a regular basis).  So I'm enjoying that.  I'm seeing breakfast time with the kids again after a year of missing it (our routine was that I got up and fed/changed Ella in the night and then would go back to sleep, pillow over my head, and Myke would get up with the kids when they woke up and get them dressed, do breakfast, etc.  I would usually mosey down around 7:30/7:45am.  So now that I'm up in the morning the kids are all weirded out.  It has been almost a year since I was regularly at the breakfast table with them.  AND, if I get up with them now and let Myke sleep in they are even more weirded out.  I "don't do breakfast right", apparently.  Ha.  They obviously got very used to Myke and his morning routine.  So on those days Myke usually comes down and kicks me out of the kitchen and takes back over anyways.  

So, we're in February!  Birthday month is here!  We had originally planned on having a big triple birthday bash for Ella, Myke & Chloe but now we're doing 3 smaller separate things.  Not really birthday parties...but just a small celebration for each on their birthdays or their birthday weekend.  I thought it would make it less work...but it's not really.  And we're going to Disneyland on the 20th.   It was mainly for ChloĆ«'s birthday as an alternative to a birthday party.  She's excited about it- even though she had to give up her talked-about-for-the-past-year-plans for a "Luke Skywalker Pool Party" birthday.  Ha!  I know we're in SoCal..but the pool is 56 degrees right now.  Ain't no one getting in there!  I don't think she even knows who Luke Skywalker is!  

No comments:

Post a Comment