Monday, December 9, 2013

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas!

12/9/13
Ready to head to the boys' preschool holiday performance


Now that the bump in the road that is Thanksgiving is over I can finally start immersing myself in all things Christmas.  KIDDING (about the bump in the road)...kind of..hahaha...I love and appreciate the Thanksgiving holiday and I'm all about counting my blessings, but I'm just feeling READY for Christmas this year.  More than any previous year.  Maybe it's because I have four children?  Maybe it's because we are spending it in our new home this year and I'm not having to think about packing suitcases, fighting the holiday crowds, etc.  Who knows.  Either way, I'm excited and I'm loving the holiday season.  Last year I was 8 1/2 months pregnant with Ella and we traveled to Colorado for the holidays.  It was A LOT of fun, a really great trip, but, since we weren't around for actual Christmas AND since we were moving THE DAY AFTER we returned from Colorado (literally...less than 12 hours after our plane landed back in San Diego the moving truck arrived at our house to move us) we didn't decorate.  So decorating this year was a lot of fun.  I hadn't seen my decorations in 2 years and I didn't even remember what I had.  Also, this year Chloë is 4 1/2 and really GETS it.  She's a big help.  She decorated the tree, helped put up other decorations around the house, helped Myke string lights outside, etc.  She's really into it.  That makes it all the more fun.


Chloë doing her thing


We found a singing Elmo stocking in one of our tubs of holiday decor.
Must have been a grandparent-purchase back in 2011!



Myke got a remote control Christmas train that circles the bottom of the tree.  The kids LOVE it.  



All my little ones.



The boys (Eli peaking out on the left, Owen in red on the right)
at their preschool holiday performance.  All the kids kind of stood there like 
deer in headlights.  


Santa was there post-performance!  Ella still did not LOVE Santa.



Here we are visiting Santa the week before.  




Speaking of Ella, she's suddenly eating EVERYTHING.  
Not too interested in pureed baby food these days.
Her she is trying pizza for the first time.  


Love that toothless grin :)







Sant

No comments:

Post a Comment