Monday, June 17, 2013

Quite evening at the Hines' abode.  Our guests have left the building, thus concluding the first sets of visitors of Summer 2013.  I say "sets" because the visitors who left today were my mom, my Aunt Traci and Aunt Helen (two of my mom's four sisters).  My mom has been here since mid-May and came with my dad (who left late-May to head back to VA) but my aunts just came for a long weekend visit.  The past month has been a lot of fun with a lot going on.  It was so nice to have all the extra hands and for the kids to get so much time with their grandparents and then get a chance to know their great-aunts.  It meant a lot to us that Helen & Traci came out to meet Ella and to spend time with us.  A big thank-you to them for all the help, for doing quite a few loads of our non-stop laundry, for taking Kyla on walks, for keeping the kitchen clean and for filling up our recycling!   And an extra-special thank-you to Aunt Traci for babysitting the boys & Ella this morning (Myke was at work and Chloë at school) so mom, Helen & I could go out for pedicures and I could get some grocery shopping done!

Traci reading to the boys today 



We had a lot of fun over the long weekend.  We went to the beach on Friday (Traci is visiting from Colorado and Helen from Las Vegas so seeing the ocean was a must), swam in the pool on multiple occasions, went to Chloë's soccer game, went out to dinner (got a babysitter!), and just hung out.  On Father's Day my mom and the aunties babysat the kids so Myke and I could go out for coffee and lunch on our own.  That was AWESOME.  We actually got to TALK.  And relax.  Ahhhhh :)

Typical Summer evening at the Hines' household-
Happy Hour by the garage watching all the kids burn off energy.


Isn't she cute?!
4 months old


Moonlight Beach, Encinitas
Traci, Owen, Helen, Eli, Mom


Traci & Owen





Eli & Gramma


Out to dinner with the group 
Rockin' the skinny jeans and Vans

Traci and her Corona-Ita



In the pool



Gramma & Eli


Summer = BBQ's and eating outside!


Chloë & Gramma gardening


Sweet Baby Ella


Myke and I on a date!



We'll miss you, Gramma!  It has been a fun month!











No comments:

Post a Comment