Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Chloë Takes Hollywood!


 Since I have a sore throat and am supposed to be going to sleep right now and not be on my laptop, I'll keep this brief, but we had quite the exciting day last Friday.  I got a text on Thursday from a friend who lives in the L.A. area (and produces commercials) that he was currently shooting a LUVS diaper commercial and that they needed a 3 or 4 year old blonde girl for the following day's shoot.   Would I be interested in him submitting Chloë's photo?  Sure, why not?  I was out running errands with my mom but I texted him a few pics that I had on my phone and he sent them in for approval to whomever makes the casting decisions.  Long story short, they thought she's be a good fit, we said yes to the opportunity, and we headed up to L.A. the next afternoon for her 4pm call time.

 For those of you who know Chloë, you can probably understand that we weren't sure she would cooperate for a commercial...or have any real concept of what was actually going on with the filming and doing 40 takes of the same scene.  I voiced those concerns to James (the producer) and he said that's the issue with most kids that age and not to worry...they always have a back-up kid in case it doesn't work out.  

We headed up Friday afternoon, hit no traffic at all, which was a shock.  We arrived at the "base camp" across the street from the mechanic garage where the commercial was to be shot.  They gave Chloë her own trailer space- a little room with a couch, sink, mirror, etc. to hang out in while we waited.  I guess it was her "dressing room".  One of the pics I had sent to the producer was of Chloë in her soccer uniform.  They liked that look and asked for us to bring that along.  So she got to wear that for the commercial and was on cloud 9 (she LOVES her soccer jersey).  I think this was our saving grace--because if wardrobe even ATTEMPTED to make Chloë wear a girly outfit then my bet was that it would have been World War III.  Soccer uniform was perfect!

Anyways, long story short, she did a great job and had a lot of fun doing it.  We have no idea if her scene will make it past the cutting room floor, if it will be aired, and if so, if it will be on the internet only or on TV...but no matter what, we all had a fun time and a cool experience.
(But no, we do not plan to sign her up with an agent and make this a regular thing...the only reason it was able to happen this time was due to the fact that my mom is in town and could stay in San Diego and watch the boys while we drove up there).

Anyways, more later...but here are some pics from Friday:

.
Walking to her trailer..
She had a trailer!  




Post-shoot with her TV Mom and TV baby brother and the director


The scene was at a mechanic's

Chloë goofing off post-shoot


Chloë and her TV Mom
They really hit it off!


Checking out the director's board


Running wild on the set


James (producer and friend) with Chloë





Standing in her trailer doorway


wild child 






No comments:

Post a Comment