Thursday, March 22, 2012

Random Conversation with Chloë Today









Chloë:   (looking at my wedding ring) Mommy let me wear your ring?

Me:       No, that's mommy's ring. That means I'm married to Daddy.

Chloë:  When I be bigger, I can wear a ring?

Me:    Yes, and if you get married you can wear a wedding ring.
           Who do you want to get married to?

Chloë:  Uhhhmmm.....the brothers (what she calls Owen & Eli).

Me:    (trying to be serious) No, you can't marry your brothers.  Only if you live in West Virginia.

Chloë:  (becoming increasingly concerned) But who will stay with the brothers if I don't marry them?

Me:    Uhhhmm....how about Daddy and I will stay with them?

Chloë:   (sounding both sad and very concerned at this point) But I don't want to be by myself!


Obviously this conversation wasn't going anywhere - not that I really expected it to - but I just thought it was kind of funny to see a toddler's perception of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment