Monday, August 29, 2011

Ahhh...it's so nice having a little bit of a life back!  Now the boys have been moved to their own room (which is also our guest room) to sleep at night we can finally enjoy our downstairs again.  I'm writing this from the couch (via the laptop).  We only have 3 bed rooms and we have had family here for a majority of the boys' lives, so we found it easiest to put them (the babies, not our visiting family) to bed in a little travel crib in our living/family room area.  We tried sleeping with them in our room back when they were first born but we just didn't sleep well with all their little grunts and groans so the next best option was downstairs.  However, that meant that once they went down for the night everyone else headed up to bed.  So that was sometimes 8pm!

Now we sort of have a routine where we put all three kids to bed around the same time.  It's wonderful!  We have some time to hang out after they go to bed and have some free time.  Ahhhhhh!   It's much needed!  Especially now that I'm back to caring for all three of them on my own during the week.  That, my friends, can make for a challenging day(s)!

Last Friday was sizzling hot here in Pacific Beach (and by sizzling hot I mean in the low 80s...don't be a hater!).  We put out Chloë's little kiddie pool in the front for her to cool off with.  The water was pretty cold in my opinion but she is never cold so it worked out perfect for her!  I even put quite a few pots of hot tap water in to try to warm it up and it was still a bit too chilly for my taste!  Eli and I took a 20 second dip before his shocked screams got us out!  He took one for the team because I then decided to not make Owen test the waters.

They lounged on a beach towel instead

Pool time!


Saturday I did some yard sales with a friend- I always looking for inexpensive toys for the kids.  Toys can be so ridiculously pricey in stores, and for the amount they often use them rarely worth the price.  Gotta love finding a good deal.  Here is a Belle princess costume I found for $2.  I'm not a big fan of the whole "princess thing" that little girls get into--but for $2 I had to get this addition to her growing stash of dress up clothes!  Chloë wanted to wear it right away, but by the next day was back to wearing her favorite shirt- a Phillies baseball shirt sent from Myke's aunt.  She would live in that thing if she could!  


Saturday afternoon at the park


Kyla got professionally groomed for the first time in her life on Saturday--the folks at Petco chopped her fur right off! We were shocked!  She is now a yellow lab instead of golden retriever.  She even came home with bows on her ears.  Poor Kyla!  I'm sure she feels cooler during this heat wave, though!  


My lovies



Story time with daddy




Sunday was another hot one so we headed to the beach and bay for a few hours of fun in the water and sand.  


Lounging in their little tent


Playing in the sand (check out Myke's tattoos--he had the boys feet done on Father's Day back in June.  Chloë's were done a couple years ago.  All the footprints are from the day they were born)





Our little set up


Chloë and I went to Old Navy to spend some coupons we had that were set to expire.  We found her Halloween costume...only 2 months in advance!  Halloween is my favorite!  I already have the boys costumes as well - they are going to be bumble bees. Now if I can only get Myke to dress as a flower...we could have a nice theme going on here!

No comments:

Post a Comment