Wednesday, March 26, 2014

March Madness!



The four kiddos watching a train ride at the mall.

I just re-read my last blog post to see when the last time I wrote was....and PHEW...man, that was a busy month!   Things have definitely calmed down the month of March.  Out like a lion, in like a lamb...isn't there some saying like that?  Anywayyys, March is now coming to an end.  Not too much to report from this end.  We're all hanging in there.  We're all healthy (besides a cold/bad cough that all the kids go...Ella is still hacking a bit).  Even though the excitement of visitors and birthdays has slowed down bit, we are still busy-bees.  That just comes with the territory, I guess.  Though OUR family birthdays are over (until May), other friend's birthdays are not.  We've called this "birthday season" for the past few years.  Late January-May is "birthday season".  All of our friends' kids seem to have birthdays during these months, with March being the peak.  I swear, there is AT LEAST one birthday party going on every weekend, more often than not TWO...or more.  Okay, I think there is only ONE weekend this "season" that we have three birthday parties.  That is coming up in April where is one Friday, one Saturday afternoon and another one Sunday....so no overlap.  It's only getting worse now that the boys are getting invited to birthday parties for their classmates at preschool.  So we've been running the birthday party scene lately.  I enjoy it, actually.  We definitely don't go to all of them, we just can't, but we try to make it to the parties of our closer friends (Eli & Owen keep getting invites from classmates I've never even heard of...so we skip those).  It's fun to see my mom-friends (which at this point I should really just call "friends"...but the term started when I had Chloe and none of my other friends had kids...a way to differentiate.  I had my "friends" and I had my "mom-friends".  I still have quite a few friends who don't have children...so I still use the term).  Anyways, I enjoy the parties, but Myke is not a fan of kids' parties really.  He'd rather watch paint dry.  Any day.  Bah humbug!



My Aunt Debbie & Uncle Brian came for a visit on one of the rainiest weekends we've had in over a year!  They still got to go out and do some sight-seeing though!  Here is one of the cheesy pics from the Midway aircraft carrier they visited with Myke & Elijah.


Aunt Debbie gave the kids a little tea set and they love having tea parties with it.

St.Patty's Day 


We had a warm-weather streak with summer temps last week.
Boys had a blast with the water table out front!


Owen and his new helmet!


Baking banana muffins this morning with the boys.


Owen stirring.  
He was eager to help and I caught him JUST IN TIME before he dumped in 1/4 cup of salt into the mixture that he had measured out himself.


Ella's first In & Out experience.
Grilled cheese.  She LOVED it!  
True Cali girl!  



No comments:

Post a Comment