Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Feliz Dia de los Madres



Me and My Little 

My mind is partially in Spanish a lot of the time with the kids being home from school- I try to speak as much in Spanish as I can (and it's NOT a lot) in the day-to-day as, if not for this quarantine, they would be in their school immersion program and being exposed to the language most of the day. The loss of that is one of the biggest losses in their education right now, IMO (in my opinion).  I can only supplement so much.  I do my best.

Anyways, I had a wonderful Mother's Day and am so grateful for my kiddos...They started with breakfast in bed and a the special "coronavirus coffee"   check it out here: corona-coffee that I had been curious about.  It was really good!  


coffee treat


Giant yummy breakfast! 
(who says you can't eat good vegetarian and gluten free??!)



We then headed on a hike not far from us in the Olivenhain area of Encinitas.  Beforehand, Owen said, "I don't really want to go on a hike but since it's Mother's Day and you want to, I guess I will".  Haha.  Yes, you will.  It's MY day! Lol.  He later said, "This is the best hike I've been on."   Success.  Some pictures:


Spring bloom 

(Man-Made) Waterfall 

Crossing a log bridge (he fell in minutes later)


My Tween 





Not sure how this happened


father-son 

Ella (she insisted on wearing her mask for most of the hike even though there was no one else around for the most part) 





My loves 



No comments:

Post a Comment