Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Back To School!


My sweetie-pies are off to school!  Well, we are on week FOUR of school already (started August 20th) and this is the first day I feel like I'm relaxed and taking the time to update the blog.  Don't get me wrong, I've obviously had a lot more time to get things done now that ALL FOUR are in school...but every day has been pretty filled with to-do's and catching up from having the kids home all summer. I've had appointments for me, appointments for my car, need to make appointment for my dog, etc.  I've also been trying to get in more exercise and making my health a priority each morning when I'm able to.  That's what keeps me sane! 

My baby girl, Ella, started kindergarten...it's a full-day schedule and she's at the same school as the older 3...finally!!  So everyone is on the same schedule. One drop-off and one pick-up.  They start at 8am.  I have to head to pick them up at 1:45pm so the days can go pretty fast if I'm not careful...and then we begin our insane afternoons that go from dismissal until 8:30pm when they are getting in bed.  It's all worth it though--having the days to get things in order...and I'm finding time to BREATHE.  I've been around small children constantly for 9.5 years!!  So many needs and constant putting out fires, wiping butts, and laundry....ok, the laundry will never stop (it's INSANE, people!) but I'm not wiping any more butts! CHEERS to that!!  They are much more self-sufficient now, which is great...but, at the same time, their busy sports and after-school activities schedule is a bit nuts.  This coming Thursday I calculated that I have to drive across town back and forth SIX TIMES to get them from school, Chloe to acting class, Owen to soccer, back to Chloe to pick her up from acting class, back to Owen to pick him up from soccer and then to the boys first Cub Scouts meeting...which all 4 kids will have to attend since Myke is out of town this week for work.  So that's a little crazy.  Good thing I'll be driving the electric car and saving on gas $.





cool backpack!






No comments:

Post a Comment