Wednesday, June 14, 2017

End Of School...Almost Here!!!

The countdown is ON!  Summer Break is almost here!  I'm in my delusional state (as Myke refers to it) of when I'm excited for the end of school and for Summer vay-cay (wahoo!!!).  I think I've just been trained and conditioned to get giddy and excited this time of year since I was a child.  No more homework!  No more books!  No more teacher's dirty looks!  Yay!!   

Then....two days INto the break the harsh reality will HIT me...like a ton of bricks!!  Wait!!  The kids are now with me.  All day.  EVERY day.  For 8 weeks.  There is ZERO free time.  Zero time to myself.  



AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Must. Remain. In. Denial. To. Avoid. Insanity.  (for now!)

I'm scared.  Though I'm way too busy these past weeks to even think about that.  The end of the year is crazy!  I'm hosting happy hours, finishing up garden class with the boys' kinder class, helping run the 2nd grade end-of-the-year luau, getting teacher gifts together, trying to get the boys to read and practice their writing/reading/shapes/numbers (in Spanish...which is NOT my first language, obviously), carting kids to and from swim lessons, piano lessons, after-school activities, and trying to pick and choose between what other school events to volunteer with (Woodworking day, kinder pizza party, kinder park field trip, Chloë's class penpal meet up park playdate, game day, kinder field day, etc...the list goes on).  Basically, I'm a MOM.  

AND we are going camping this weekend.  It will actually be nice...to just sit back and relax a little (although the boys have 2 birthday parties they are going to (one Fri and one Sat) and Chloë has one...and she has a basketball game...so we can't escape from all the busy-ness too much...luckily we are camping at a beach site just a few miles from home).  Father's Day weekend camping and the weather forecast is looking gorgeous!  



On another note, we were just lucky and blessed enough to have ALL FOUR of our parents out here on the west coast at the same time!  So the kids had all sorts of attention and extra playmates and people to hug them.  It was great!   We really are lucky for all they do for us and how involved they keep in ours and the kids' lives.  We don't take that for granted.   The four of them are now all back to their main homes on the east coast...we miss them already! 

Myke's parents and my parents :)



One of the weekends they were all here we took a pontoon boat out on Mission Bay.  It was "June Gloom" weather but that didn't stop us from having a great time!










Four days later:
Sunny weather at the San Diego Fair.
Thom & Maureen (Myke's parents) and I took the kiddos for an afternoon.
Fun and tiring.

The most exciting part of the fair??....the fidget spinner stand.  Go figure.



Fried chicken sandwich.  Krispy Kreme donut buns.  Ice cream in the middle.  Fruity Pebbles cereal on top.  Wow.


ice cream treats!


The crew.


"This one is for Dad!" (his favorite sauce)


Lamest ride ever.  Only cost $3 per child for a 2 minute ride.  
Ha.


So, that's just a bit of the activities that have been going on.  Owen and Eli turned 6 last month!  Chloë and Eli had their first piano recital.  That went well.  I got to have my mom out here for Mother's Day.  That's about it from here for now!  



No comments:

Post a Comment