Sunday, June 5, 2016

Date with Eli

Enjoying his chocolate crossaint


 Eli woke me up early (as in BEFORE 5am) this morning because he was scared in his room.  I took him back to his room, put the nightlight on, tucked him in and left.  Before I knew it he was back at my bedside asking "what's that noise?"  I'm not sure what noise he was referring to but I think it was the birds chirping.  They chirp EVERY morning starting at 5am.  It's ever-so-lovely (<---insert sarcastic tone).  I was too lazy to walk him back to his room again so I just pulled him up into our bed and snuggled him.  My little baby...we almost NEVER let the kids sleep in our bed with us.  I can count on one hand how many times we have let a child into the bed to sleep with us and that's including each of the 4 kids.  He must have caught me in a good mood :)   I've been a little extra-sentimental lately with their up-comng Pre-K graduation and then the thought of them going off to kindergarten in late-August.  Imagine how I'll be at high school graduation?  A MESS.  In the past year Chloë has turned into a "big kid".  Her young toddler look and cuteness have slowly melted away and she's just transforming into a more grown-up look.  Still beautiful, as always, but just more grown up.  So I know the boys are headed in that direction, too.  In kindergarten they are still "babies" and "cute"...but after that...it's the land of big-kids.  Not that there is anything wrong with that, per se, and not that Chloë isn't still adorable, it's just a change.  So I'm trying to relish in the moments right now and soak it all up.  Enjoy the last few months before I send them off to "big-kid school".  
So back to this morning- I decided to wake up with Eli and we snuck out of the house for a little mommy-son time.  We opened up the coffee shop near our house, strolled around the shopping center, checked out the koi pond and just spent time together.  The one-on-one time is so nice...and so rare.  I enjoyed every minute of it :)



No comments:

Post a Comment