Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Summer is in Full Swing

Wanted to throw in a quick blog post between sets of visitors.  Last time I wrote we were awaiting Myke's sister's arrival.  Now they have left and we are gearing up for the next guests!  It is one after the other it seems (it IS) but we are having a really fun time!  Myke's sister and kids arrived last Wednesday from Northern Virginia and stayed through the weekend.  She has three kids but only brought the older two, which are Declan (age 6) and Mira (almost 4).  The kids all had a great time together, which was definitely a relief.  Having six kids ages six and under in the house who did NOT get a long would have been a nightmare.  Chloë and Declan did have a couple bumps in the road when they tried to be room mates at night, but I'm chalking that up to them being overtired from all the activities they had been doing in the day.  We all kept busy swimming in the pool, going to the beach, going out for pizza, picking apricots off the tree out front, etc.  And just playing.  The kids just played and played.  It was fun to watch and so nice for our kids to get quality time with their only first cousins.


Owen hugging Mira 
(or tackling her for her Abby doll)



Long-haired girls!
Chloë & Mira 



Bedtime story



6 kids in the sand
(Myke & Marifran were parking the car so I had them all on my own...felt like Octo-Mom)



Digging


I took a bunch of photos with my good camera but (due to lack of space on this laptop) I can't upload them yet.  So these are just the ones from my phone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment