Sunday, December 2, 2012

New House!

Oh, man, it has been quite a week!  My head is finally going from a full spin cycle to a slower, less dizzying spin cycle.  We finally CLOSED ESCROW on Friday (yesterday) 11/30/12!  Yay!!  It was by the skin of our teeth due to some last-minute hiccups (mainly, a downpayment error in the paperwork that messed up all our numbers).  Also, on a self-pity-note, I came down with the 24-hour stomach flu in the middle of the night Monday and was re-living the first trimester of this pregnancy with my face in the toilet bowl.  So that was fun.  It knocked me off my feet!  I could NOT get out of bed Tuesday morning.  I was so exhausted, had the chills and was just nauseous.  Thankfully, a very good friend who babysits for us was able to come over for 1/2 the day and watch the kids for me so I could sleep.  Then they napped until 3pm and Myke took off work early so I was able to just rest and recover.  I finally got up the energy to get out of bed and get a hot shower around 4 or 5pm.  It was awful.  Nothing would stay down.  Luckily, I woke up Tuesday feeling back to normal.  Good thing, because it is NOT easy for a full-time mom to have a sick day.  I lucked out that it worked out.

Anyways, back to the house.  So we closed escrow and we are now home owners!  Yay!  After breakfast this morning we piled all the kids in the car and drove up to our new house.

Let us in!




Owen testing out play time in his (and Eli's) new room







No comments:

Post a Comment