Thursday, November 1, 2012

Goodbye October!


The kids in costume! 2012





I took Owen on a "date night" a couple weeks ago.  I was actually planning on taking Chloë to this Halloween carnival over at Balboa Park that Saturday night, originally.  However, she woke up from her afternoon nap in a MAJOR funk.  She was a mess.  Could not get herself together and was just ridiculously cranky for no reason.  Soooo, I took Owen instead (yes, she was dismayed, but lesson learned (I hope)).  To be honest, I know this is something Myke and I should do more often with the boys: take them out one-on-one.  It's just very difficult to do on a regular basis.  We usually either have Chloë or the boys.  Never just one of the boys.  It just doesn't happen that way.  We need to make more of a point to change that.  So Owen & I headed to the carnival...and we had an absolute blast!  I think he really liked being the "only child" for a few hours.  Most of the carnival was geared toward toddler-age kids, but we still had a good time.  Owen is a very happy little guy.  He's always up for a good time, always laughing and ready to run to you and give you hugs.  He's just an absolute joy to be around.  Such a sweetie-pie.  It was nice to get some time together...just myself and my oldest (by one minute) son :)





putting rings on the pumpkins






In other Halloween happenings, Chloë's preschool went on a field trip to the neighborhood pumpkin patch last Friday.  I decided to take the boys and walk along with the class from their school to the patch (her preschool is only a couple blocks away and the pumpkin patch is about 5 blocks past that).  It was a HOT day out, but still fun.  The school's 5th grade class accompanied the preschool class to the patch.  Each preschool child had one or two "buddies" with them.  These are the same buddies that sit with them during the all-school chapel days they attend monthly.  So I finally got to see who Chloë's "chapel buddies" where.  Two 5th grade boys!  Let me tell you, Chloë was on cloud 9 with a 5th grade boy on either side of her holding her hand!  She barely looked at me when I got there- she was just so excited!  The 5th graders were great with the little kids.  They held their hands on the entire walk down, helped them pick out their pumpkins, and just generally took their job of taking care of the kids very seriously.  I was definitely chopped liver in comparison to her new big-boy friends!  




At least Owen & Eli still need me! :)


getting her pumpkin


Owen


Eli


the kids

Chloë's 5th grade "helpers"/buddies

Chloë's buddies admiring her new Spiderman watch


Walking with her buddies



A few pictures from the Halloween Carnival at the Pacific Beach Rec Center:

My superhero boys!


She's such a girlie-girl!



Owen has been lifting weights lately


Eli, Superman!


Daddy & Superman




Last but not least:  Halloween!!  

We went trick-or-treating with our friends Kara & Jon and their son, Jax (who is one of Chloë's bestest friends).  We had gone with them last year as well and had made a date to do it again this year in the neighborhood of BirdRock.  We ended up leaving Owen & Eli at home with a babysitter this year, but next year I'm sure they'll be more than ready to join the festivities.  

Chloë & Jax


Aren't Myke & I a lovely couple?!


Pre-Trick-or-Treating


Post Trick-or-Treating



No comments:

Post a Comment