Friday, October 26, 2012

Halloween is Coming!

Was just sitting here in enjoying my "break" that I get every M/W/F while Chloë is in school and the boys nap.  It's heaven!  A little ME time, which is such a rare treat.  There are always a million things I "should" do during this time, but I usually let myself take a load off and put my feet up.  I am pregnant, after all.  I have that excuse for when I feel guilty for ignoring the "should do" list.  I was just browsing around on my laptop and saw the HORRID news story about the nanny in NYC that stabbed two of the three children she cared for.  Absolutely horrific story.  It brought tears to my eyes and I just want to rush to Chloë's school and take her home to be with me. It makes me want to go wake up the boys and just hold them.  I can't even imagine how the parents are going to make it through such an awful and tragic event.  They had employed the nanny for two years and had even traveled down to the Dominican Republic with her to visit her family in the past.  The whole thing is just terrifying to even imagine.  I feel so sad for that family and what they are having to deal with.  It makes me never want to leave my kids again, no matter how fussy they are or how demanding they are or how nuts they are driving me.  Devastating.

Anyways, I won't end on such a sad note.  Halloween is coming up and all things Halloween are going on in our lives.  The kids tried on their costumes yesterday to make sure everything fit.  Chloë is going to be Spiderman.  She is super excited about it.  She's obsessed with all things Spiderman lately and she has never even seen the show, the movie, the comic book, or anything with him in it.  Who knows.  Must be popular at preschool.   Owen is also going to be Spiderman and Eli will be Superman.  Later this afternoon we have the Halloween Carnival at the PB Rec Center a few blocks from our house.  We go every year and it's always a blast (for me...and hopefully for the kids, too...and maybe Myke? Yah, not so sure about that one!).  They have games and a giant inflatable slide, moon bounce, cake walks, costume contests, a fire engine ride & food.

Some pics from the past week:

Chloë & Owen snuggling


Owen


Eli


Story time with Dad- they boys LOVE books lately


Apple the size of Owen's head





Costume try-on...No, Eli is not "sexy Superman" - his costume just came un-velcroed in the back - usually is a LITTLE more fitting!


Jax stopped by after preschool to help decorate some Halloween cookies yesterday


No comments:

Post a Comment