Sunday, June 3, 2012

Adios Busy Month of May & Adios Gramma




Gramma w/ Eli & Chloë

Owen


look at that belly!


It's June now- and I'm not even sure where the month of May went.  We were SO busy last month with my mom visiting for 3 weeks, the boys' birthday party, mother's day, the boys' actual birthday, friends' baby showers and birthday parties, me going to Las Vegas for 3 nights for a bachelorette party (but that's for another post ;)), Myke and my anniversary, and then to top the month off with the birth of our new nephew, Trent Daniel Mollis on 5/31/12!   Phewww!  Busy and exciting month!  


Could he be any cuter?!




7 Year Anniversary


Now we're in June and this month is looking to be a lot more low-key, to Myke's great relief!  I "wasn't allowed" to make plans this past weekend.  Well, I guess it was more that I was honoring Myke's almost-begging request to just not make plans for one little weekend.  I'm an on-the-go person and a planner.  Myke would rather have our plans be more spontaneous.  We're different in that way and he (I will honestly admit) is always compromising and going along with my constant plan-making.  So I let him have one low-key weekend.  Just one! :)

We were all sad to say bye to Gramma after her 3 week visit.  She had extended her visit to help wrangle the kids over Memorial Day weekend while I was in Las Vegas.  Myke could have definitely done it on his own, but I know he appreciated the extra set of hands.  He was able to have some one-on-one time with Chloë and it sounds like they all went to the beach both Saturday & Sunday of that weekend (and I'm sure they were spontaneous trips, not planned ahead, just as Myke would want it).  



Gramma & Chloë make gluten-free vegan sugar cookies for daddy



E & O LOVED having Gramma read to them!  Sadly, I feel like I don't ever get enough time to do this with them as much as I would like.  If she had one of them up on her lap with a book, the other would come crawling over and climb up her leg to join in.  It was great!  



Boys Tasting Cake on 5/16/12- their actual 1st birthday







A couple of weeks ago we were invited by some friends to come pick some strawberries in their garden.  They are actually the parents of one of Myke's college roommates and, although his old roommate doesn't live in San Diego now, we still keep in touch with his parents.  They have a 5 year old granddaughter and knew Chloë would probably love this activity.  They were definitely right!  She had a blast!  It was so neat for her to see where food comes from and get to eat the food directly from where it grew.  We took home a huge bag of strawberries, some broccoli, carrots (which were delicious!), swiss chard, and green onion.  It was so nice of them to share that with us- Chloë is asking everyday when she can go back and do it again.  


Looking for the red ones





A bonus to the trip!  They had a jeep that Chloë drove all around their back yard.


If you look closely you can see the ocean and coast in the background- they live in an amazing home in La Jolla with a huge yard overlooking the beach and ocean.


A carrot straight out of the ground!


Photo with Mrs. & Mr. Wegrzyn 
(again ocean in background)


Gramma & Eli




Breakfast on my mom's last morning in San Diego
The Cottage in La Jolla
Yummy!

This was the "kiddie french toast"!! 
No wonder we have a childhood obesity problem in this country!

Famous granola written up in Parade magazine last week
as the best granola in the country
(which why my mom made us go here for breakfast)

No comments:

Post a Comment