Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Maiden Voyage...

A bit dark- but they are sleeping in there!

Of my double jogging stroller!  I yapped and yapped about this stroller for months on end before we got it- I had a million and one reasons why this was the stroller for us and why I NEEDED it so much.  It's a bit pricey in the world of strollers but we made it work out by selling another one of our single strollers on Craigslist and hitting up an awesome Labor Day sale at REI.  After that we basically broke even which was great.  So anyways, after I got it I found another million reasons why I wasn't ready to jog with it ("I need to jog on my own first to get back into shape before pushing a heavy stroller" and "the boys heads are still too wobbly to go on a jog- it could mess up their necks").  Well, now that we are back from our 16 day trip to the east coast and the boys are 5 1/2 months old (much better neck control) I've decided it's time to get my rear in gear.  Sixteen days of no exercise and a lot of meals out = not helping me get rid of my "bed-rest flab".  So yesterday while Chloë was in preschool the boys, the dog and I headed out to see where the pavement would take us.  Of course the minute I got everyone buckled in and out the door it started to rain!  Not a downpour, more of a spit, so I decided to go anyways.  It wasn't too bad- I tracked my pace and distance on my phone and we did about 2.5 miles running and then finished up with a 1/2 mile walk.  It's a start...

No comments:

Post a Comment